Lima is a city of world renowned cuisine and top 100 restaurants, but on our recent trip we discovered you don’t need a reservation to enjoy fresh and fine food. Vivanda is a chain of supermarkets which began in 2005 and have now expanded to 8 locations in the city offering an upscale offering of wonderful foods at competitive prices.
The store has several great perks which make it appealing for tourists and locals alike:
- It offers free parking which is bonus at these city neighborhood locations. You can park your rental car in a safe and convenient location as you load up with groceries.
- It has generous operating hours and it is open till 11pm
- The variety of food is incredible: from prepared meals which you can eat on site to a wonderful selection of local and import products to take home.
- It has an amazing wine section which includes local wines and cheeses.
- There is someone always ready to help
A good tip to get even more value for these great foodstuffs is to apply for the in store membership card (which is free) to get up to 30-40% on selected items.
Locations of Vivanda in Lima are in the areas of San Isidro, Surco, La Molina, Miraflores y Magdalena.